No current openings
Why work at Legacy Land Conservancy?
Legacy Land Conservancy’s storied history includes over 50 years of influence from a vast array of volunteers, staff, board, and leaders. These people, and the external pressures and internal dynamics encountered throughout the years, have helped transform our organizational culture over time. Today, Legacy is a nonprofit organization driven by knowledgeable, passionate people who are committed to the concept of forever, and who embrace trust, inclusivity, and transparency.
We believe employees are more than workers and that a workplace culture of flexibility, laughter, and meaningful support enhances a healthy life-work balance.
- We are committed to a flexible, hybrid work environment, and we work to create a schedule that works for everyone.
- We encourage growth through monthly one-on-one supervisor meetings, paid trainings, webinars, staff learning opportunities, and open dialogue.
- We enhance creativity through collaboration and teamwork. Weekly staff check ins, monthly staff meetings, and monthly staff happy hours keep us connected to each other as co-workers and people.
- We are passionate about protecting the environment, and understand the critical role we play in mitigating the effects of the climate crisis. While our work is serious, we strive to inject humor, laughter, and joy into our lives. Bring your best puns and dad jokes!
- We understand that a healthy life-work balance is important for all of us to do our best work. Rest is just as important as productivity, and we offer paid time off to all employees–part and full time.
We believe that fiscal responsibility and transparency are essential to honor the value of our staff, and the generosity of our donors, volunteers, and supporters.
- Our leadership is committed to practicing Open Book Management, in which decisions aren’t made in a vacuum and everyone’s input is valued and heard.
We believe the environmental and land trust movements are built on systems that exclude Black, Indigenous, Latine, and other people of color, as well as other members of our communities who have been marginalized, and that Legacy has historically played a role in this exclusion and privilege.
- We are working to acknowledge our privilege and our part in this exclusion and are formally seeking to remedy historical barriers with a commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI).
- Legacy acknowledges that anti-racism work and battling other biases is hard work, outside of our comfort zones and expertise, but we strive to learn and grow from our probable mistakes.
- We spend time at work striving towards anti-racism. In 2021 Legacy established a JEDI Council with board and staff participation to integrate JEDI commitments into the organization’s every-day work and long-term vision.
In addition to an upbeat, passionate organizational culture and getting to work with some of the coolest people in conservation, Legacy also offers more than $7,000 in annual benefits:
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability
- Annual health Flexible Spending Account (FSA) contribution $1,008 for full time, prorated for part time
- Up to 3% employer match to each employees’ SIMPLE IRA (Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees Individual Retirement Account), bumped to 5% when you hit your 5-year anniversary!
- Annual stipends for professional development opportunities
- 12 paid holidays
- Accrued, paid personal time off starting at 24 days per year with annual increases